Gage County OKs $11,002.35 contribution to Southeast Nebraska adult drug court

5579819 ยท May 28, 2025

Get AI-powered insights, summaries, and transcripts

Subscribe
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

Supervisors approved an agreement with the Southeast Nebraska adult drug court requiring a county contribution of $11,002.35 and discussed the program's cost-effectiveness and low recidivism.

The Gage County Board of Supervisors voted May 28 to approve an agreement with the Southeast Nebraska adult drug court that includes a county budget contribution of $11,002.35.

County officials and a program representative described the adult drug court as a cost-effective problem-solving court with low recidivism and heavy state funding for most program costs. A representative said the county's requested contribution is lower than last year by $6.94, attributing the change to the proportion of participants in the program.

Supervisor Dorn moved to approve the agreement; Supervisor Jurgens seconded. The motion carried 6-0. Board discussion noted that the drug court blends county contributions with state funds and carryover, and that some counties manage personnel and budgets to keep local contributions modest.

No legislative or contractual changes were announced at the meeting. Staff said the county's portion is a small share of the program budget and that the program is mirrored by a similar court recently opened on the east side of the judicial district.